Winnie's Musings

Visual records of my opinions, speculations, and epiphanies, or whatever has caught my fancy at the moment.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Getting better

12 days since the op and I'm finally beginning to feel a little less sore, a little less weak and a little less helpless. I'm still clueless as to what sort of diet to get into as even the hallelujah diet's lists of foods to eat offer little help because a lot of them I'm allergic to.

Its mostly hit or miss at the moment. I try to eat a little of most of them and stop eating it when I get asthma. I do miss ice cream and cake, both have dairy and both give me asthma.

When I was a child I remember being served foods I like as a reward for getting well after a sickness, apples, oranges, pear, grapes. Now I can only eat what food won't give me asthma and citrus fruits and fruits high in sugar is part of the allergen list. Coughing becomes quite painful since the wound isn't completely healed yet so I try and avoid eating anything that would trigger it.

When I'm able to sit down for longer periods of time I'll be able to make entrees in my visual journal. I'll be happier and will wallow in self pity less often. I'm mostly frustrated because I don't know what to do so I'm back on the web conducting more research on my food issues. Understanding my issues helps me cope with it.

Getting back to work. 'Will post more when I'm able.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Winnie, sorry for the lateness. I haven't been checking up on blogs in recent times so I didn't know you'd been through all these health problems. I do hope you're on the mend now and that it will all turn out fine. If you have issues with food etc. the books by Paul McKenna (including hypnotic CDs) could be of help.
All good wishes to you.

6/14/2006 08:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger wrr said...

Thanks Nat.

I'm touched and grateful for your gesture and good wishes.

I'll check those books out when I can. I need all the help I can get. Food allergies are not fun.

6/19/2006 09:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home