Winnie's Musings

Visual records of my opinions, speculations, and epiphanies, or whatever has caught my fancy at the moment.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Accomplishments despite the setbacks

This'll be a multiple entree. I've been having trouble uploading visuals here so I'm doing several entrees in one go. I've been away for quite a while, you see.

As it turns out both my hands have Osteo-arthritis, my working hand has CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) and I suffer from impinged bicep and deltoid tendons. AGH!


Despite all the restrictions I'm able to make headway with my visual journal work.


Iv'e even learned how to book bind and I've made two journals.



I've made some rubber stamps as well, I'm still accomplishing creative work so I'm happy. My finances could be better but as along as I'm doing art I'm happy.




Unusually though, my BP has been at a record high for two weeks now. Heat and humidity is at an average of 66 degrees here. I suspect that's at the root of the matter. I refuse to buy an airconditioning unit because I refuse to pay the ostentatiously exhorbitant power rates here! I'm not giving them any more of my hard earned money. However if this kind of heat continues I might have to eat my words and succumb to airconditioning. Hah! Either that or I join the mass pilgrimage to the malls here in Manila.

MAY 3
I had a mamogram, sonogram and full blood chem done. My uric acid, cholesterol are elevated and glucose is .3 more than the borderline. This means more food restrictions. As it is I'm already of a very restricted diet. Vegan meat and mushrooms are now prohibited and so is sugar. I'm supposed to have a low calorie diet to help ease the effects of estrogen dominance. The sonogram doesn't look very good. I haven't shown it to the OBgyn yet but the results indicate ovarian cystic masses, adhesion of the ovary to the cervical area and uterine wall cysts. Whew! Writing all that zaps my energy.

I wish I had continued using progest cream. I would've avoided all this if I did. I was financially strapped 4 years ago because I moved to the city to cut down on my travel time to and from work. I had to cut my expenses down and the progest was one of the first to go because it cost about 1300 a month.

Now here i am with all the debris that progesterone deficiency and estrogen dominance have brought with it. Agh!

More material for my visual journal eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home