Winnie's Musings

Visual records of my opinions, speculations, and epiphanies, or whatever has caught my fancy at the moment.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Moving along somehow

Went to the dentist to have a molar extracted yesterday. It felt like my skull was being ripped apart. No pain, just that feeling of tugging. I wonder if that's what it feels like when people say, "You rock my world!" Wa-ha-ha! Other than that, if went fine.

I took pain reliever when I got home, applied cold compress on the affected area for 30 minutes, waited an hour and had lunch. No sweat eh? So then I felt normal enough to press on with previous plans and I made these...

I've innovated on this pouch technology I got from an old indian pouch a friend gave me years ago. You pull the strings to close the pouch and pull on the shorter string near the string hole to open it. I've replaced that shorter string with shoe charms. I thought it would go well with the theme of "Your Inner Princess." Sort of like your inner Cinderella. Only, one who is braving the demands of independent single maidenhood instead of putting up with an oppressive step Mom. A-ha-ha! Fabulous, eh?


I made them in two sizes.

The print reminds me of illustrations of princesses in one of my favorite children's book. Hence, the name Princess Pouch. Its an anthology of fairy tales which has now fallen apart from years of reading. My Aunts read to me during bedtime from that book.

Anyway, that's why I bought the fabric when I recently went to my home town for a visit. As it turns out, in between the princesses are white crowns that glow in the dark. I'll try and photograph them without flash later and will post it here.

I thought I'd sell these come opening school day or give the smaller ones as gratitude tokens to people who'll give birthday gifts to me next week.

Medical and dental expenses seem to have cropped up in one go this week! A week before my birthday too. So I've called off all celebrations. My finances are shot at the moment.

I'm thankful I have the week to catch up on sewing and visual journaling. That would take my mind off the financial and medical worries at least.

More later. I'm due to meet former students for some informal advicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home