Winnie's Musings

Visual records of my opinions, speculations, and epiphanies, or whatever has caught my fancy at the moment.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Going into surgery


I've been undergoing medical tests for the past 2 weeks and today, I’m going to be admitted to the hospital this afternoon for a hysterectomy & removal of my ovaries. I’m tired of going under the knife. I’ve had two surgical procedures done in the past 5 years to address the problems that endometriosis and HRT related complications have brought on.

HRT has resulted in an early onset of menopause and so I am currently experiencing estrogen dominance. I should’ve gone back to using natural progesterone (progest cream) when my period became irregular last year. Anyway, that’s all moot and academic now.

I’m just sharing with you all this detail so you don’t fall into the trap of being put on HRT (progestine) or synthetic hormones. As it is it seems like I'm gonna be on progest cream for the rest of my life but that's something I'm willing to accept instead of going under the knife every couple of years to clean up the mess of estrogen dominance.

I'll be home on Friday at the latest. I hope I can cath up on my journaling in the hospital. Its an opportunity to watch tv with cable though. Ha-ha! I figured I'll never get some sleep if I have cable so I don't have cable at home.

Here's affirming the success of the surgery and that my fast healing, and so it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home