Winnie's Musings

Visual records of my opinions, speculations, and epiphanies, or whatever has caught my fancy at the moment.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rainy Wednesday

I woke up to the sound of heavy rain. An hour later I heard the joyful squeels of young females. I live accross the street from a Catholic school for girls and such happy sounds could only mean one thing. Classes have been canceled. So another two hours passed with increased sounds of heavy traffic as parents and school bus service struggle to get a turn at picking up their charges in front of the school.

Meanwhile I was happily enjoying the fact that even though Wednesday is my first day of work every week I am not due to report back to work until next week. Hah! Happiness ever!

I love the rain even when I'm not at home. I love it even more when I'm at home where I can alternate sipping soup and leafing through my favorite children's books or curling up in bed reading a good book.

Being on sick leave for a month and half has given me a taste of what it'll be like when I retire and now I can't wait until I do.

I've been alternating doing my routines, -going to the grocers, light cleaning, laundry, with drawing and painting pages in my visual journal. I've had more time to surf without stress either.

So here's looking forward to retiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home