Winnie's Musings

Visual records of my opinions, speculations, and epiphanies, or whatever has caught my fancy at the moment.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Another cause for celebration

Yesterday I went to my favorite bookstore, Fully Booked. I ended up buying these books.




I would've loved Spilling Open instead but I was ecstatic to be able to own any of Sabrina's books. I discovered her website and read about her personal journey of discovery has inspired me immensely so finally getting the chance to read any book by her is deeply satisfying indeed.





Lane Smith turned out to be one of my favorite illustrators. I've loved the simplicity of his pencil illustrations for James & The Gian Peach. I found his The True Story of the Three Little Pigs in a pile of books on sale during one of National Book Store's annual Cut Price Book Sale without realizing that the same person illustrated these two books. Now I'm a hapless collector of Lane Smith's books. His style is as varied as the list o his published illustrations and stories. His use of texture and color has inspired me, yet again -immensely.

I can't wait to get started on The True & The Questions. Its a journal book with creative and expressive prompts. This'll be the first time I'll try my hand at altered book art. Her pages are so much more raw than mine. I plan and agonize over each of my journal entries. Perhaps this will be my chance to open up and be more spontaneous.

Happiness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home