Winnie's Musings

Visual records of my opinions, speculations, and epiphanies, or whatever has caught my fancy at the moment.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Blogging Vortex & Litanies

Whew! I've just been checking all my blogs, 8 was my last count. I'm beginning to understand what Natalie and Heather was talking about when they said blogging is addictive.

I just discovered this blog with a zeitgeist page on it. I thought it interesting as it's one of the concepts I teach in Art History.

Its been a really tiresome day. I was explaining art theories to students who have no adquate knowledge of art history. How does one explain or discuss textual analysis to students who doesn't know the history of modernism, post modernism?

So I ended up digressing and discussed a little about Dadaism, Avant Garde' movement while struggling to stay within the topic I first embarked to discuss for the day, textual analysis. Sigh!

I wish I could just show them an AVP on subject matters they have not studied or learned from art history and just leave it at that. I find myself re-inventing the pre-destined lesson plan for the week just to cope with the students' lack of art history and art appreciation background. It's trully draining.

Anyway,I'll have to try and cope with it all and make up for all the digressions next semester when we continue where we left off. Where's the coffee beans? I need to be brewing about a gallon of coffee to accomplish this. I'm falling asleep... More tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have the jpgs of the new wirework bugs I made during the weekend by then and I'll be able to upload it here. I'm getting them photographed tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home